Friday, February 28, 2014

She's Gonna Make Me Cry!

Tonite I realized that I was hearing the songs of the Spring Program. Hope and Joe were comparing notes on songs. (pun intended) Gone are the days that the school program songs are a surprise when I get to the actual event. This year though they are singing some of the songs that have made me cry over the years.

One is Prayer of the Children  our high school Gospel Team sang that song the year we were waiting on Joseph, it brought tears every time.

The other song is Orphans Of God if you listen to that one, you know I will be having trouble with that one too.

They sing a great Go Light Your World  guess I just have to stuff my pockets with tissues.



Oh and happy birthday Joe! We ate Chinese food for supper, went to McD's for ice cream (his choice). His gifts were re-stock of school supplies and the computer game MineCraft.



Quote of the day: While riding home from school, we were listening to classical music Hope says, " I know this song, it's from Veggie Tales."




2 comments:

  1. The Prayer of the Children is beautiful. I like hearing the Concordia College version,my alma mater, but I find the goofy dancing a distraction. Do you know the story behind the song?
    Your grandson is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like choral music you may enjoy this song as well...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgM1Df76S5c
    It's one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete