Monday, December 8, 2014

Craftiness


Tis the month of December and wild ideas abound
Burlap flowers one Saturday morning with a friend

An outgrown t-shirt made into a 12" pillow for a friend's daughter
Dresses for the Christmas program are still in progress, wool sweaters lie in wait,
books on fleece creations on loan from the library
minutes fly while answering time wasting questions--

"Mom, how do I keep walking when I sneeze?"
Why?
"Because you heart stops beating when you sneeze."

PLEASE! when you tell my children"facts" please check  them out first!

 This bit of a science experiment made an impression...
a ping pong ball will float but a heavier one.....?
Well what do you think Shekinah?


 Get togethers with friends
good food and fellowship
and "my how you have grown!"

Shekinah will keep us young from laughing for a very long time. She will also be the fault of near-irreverence in church on too many occasions...we had the smuggled harmonica, smart remarks and a little stubborn girl who crawled under the  bench when we were sitting in the back row. We pretended we didn't know who was dancing in the aisle behind us.

Yesterday she was at it again. She was sitting beside me on the appropriate part of her anatomy for once. I glanced at her and smiled, she looked up at me adoringly and reached for my face..."here mom let me get that, you have a booger in there."
I quickly got a tissue and dabbed at my nose.
" no mom, it's still there!"

These occasions make it easy to forgive her stormy "I don't love anyone in THIS house."
and it seems she forgives me too...as she needs to interrupt serious adult conversations with "mommy, I love you!"

oh and 2 of the kittens are back

2 comments: