Saturday, January 31, 2015

Faking It

Warning! This post is full of OPINIONS....opinions that are probably a bit unpopular but, here goes--

The other weeks one of my enthusiastic basketball players came home from a game.

"Boy! you should have seen ______he sure faked it. The other guy barely touched him and down he went!"

Clueless mom: "Why?"

" Well we got two free foul shots"

"Wait! You mean you fall over on the floor and pretend someone hit you so you can get free shots?"

(OK OK, until a week ago I didn't know they use  A WHOLE BUNCH of new footballs PER GAME!)

I was assured that it is perfectly legal and is considered  good strategy. I even checked with my older kids and "yes, mom, that is true".

So what's the big deal?

So tell me? If I put my hand on my son's shoulder and he flinches and moves away or even says "OW!"
What would you think if you were watching?

We try to teach our children to always speak the truth and "even a 'half-truth' is a 'half-lie' "...well you know where I'm going with this.

So when is "faking it" OK?


On to other things. This is the 20-shades-of-gray-and-brown quilt that I made in the beginning of January. It was really called "Forest in a Foggy Snow"

This one was an order and I sent it off yesterday. 
"Wedding Rings"
Definitely not my choice of color but I love the design...
maybe I can do something with the idea another day.

Then my "boss" gave me this stack of silks, velvets and other shiny fabrics and asked
if I can make a Crazy Quilt. It has so many personal angles for the customer that I might
have to do something I never did before....refuse an order.
There are just too many ways that I could make the wrong thing PLUS I will probably
fall in love with it and want to keep it.


1 comment:

  1. I've just GOT to comment! For some reason, that bothers me about the football game, all those 1/4 truths! That isn't how we train our children at home, in fact, it's something we work on, that truth/lies is not just in 'saying', but in 'doing' and in 'not-doing'. Then if I send my sons out the door, knowing they'll be purposefully 'untruthful', I don't know...that just bothers me!! I sometimes say, what would you do/say if Jesus was physically standing right by you? Guess I have opinions, too! :-) Btw, I still always enjoy your posts, whether or not I comment!!

    ReplyDelete