Saturday, February 21, 2015

Keeping Warm

 Keeping people warm and well-fed is a daily challenge.
Ben works outside/inside he never knows, but mostly he is in the cold.
When the weather was first getting colder he requested "something other than
cold sandwiches"
But there is no microwave in the work truck
So I bought another thermos not quite the same as the other kids have.
I ordered one for Shekinah awhile since the price seems to keep going up.
But ...
"Mom, it's not very hot when I eat it."

I came to realize that these thermos' aren't made to sit in a work truck in below freezing temps
for 5+ hours. So I made a thermos jacket!
I was quite pleased with the results....no not the looks
but it works!
Took some thinsulate, covered it with some waterproof fabrice (that whole bolt I bought a few months ago) stitched on some velcro and viola!
The other thing that helps keep this boy warm...besides the seven layers of clothes...
is something we call a neck ruff...?? 
It's a piece of fleece that is tighter than an infinity scarf, but looser than a turtleneck
Stitched it together real quick one morning and it is right up there with the credit card
"never leave home with out it"


 My friend gave me "wall words" and I finally got up the nerve to
read the directions and put them on my wall
Zeke: "you just couldn't stand and empty wall?"

Then...on to feeding these hungry people
40 pounds of sour cherries will start us off
The local orchard is selling frozen fruit this winter
along with a bunch of other close-to-date items.
It is sales like these that help the bank account.

And someone reminded me tonite that next week they will be half way to 30
Actually it was I that reminded him he is not only getting close to 16, but 
30 as well and that.....is a third of the way to 90.




No comments:

Post a Comment