Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Motherhood is the Necessity of Inventions

So I thought I was so smart when I came up with the perfect hostess gifts for Zeke to 
take with him this weekend...
The school's Gospel Team is going on tour for five days and the students usually take a gift for the host/hostess. I usually am scrambling the night before because this is one thing we forget.
This year Zeke reminded me early, I ordered "hand poured soy candles" from our local soy candle manufacturer (otherwise known as son#1 and his wife)

I thought I would quickly find some easy gift box on Pin*rest....did I say quick?

So I dug out some burlap,
crumpled up some grocery bags for the lining




 Then decided they need something extra

 Even re-used the handles from the grocery bags

Then for some more inventions...
You would think we are adopting again, for all the crazy things that have been happening this week

We are helping to host a Karyn Purvis seminar this Friday and Saturday.
The wheel bearing on the van gave out AGAIN...

thankfully it was 3 weeks before the warranty was up.

We all came down with a wonderful-stick-around cold

The main drain for the gray water clogged and our bathtub has filled up with washing machine water three times now. We have hit the clog with some powerful stuff, but it is stubborn.
So am I
Zeke needs his clothes washed so he can go on the aforementioned tour.
I decided that the wash water can just get pumped out into the backyard via a garden hose
BUT
you can't just connect those two hoses.
So I spent 45 minutes wandering after a helpful hardware clerk
came home with $11 worth of connectors and clamps.
BUT
Their universal washer drain hose was a different size than mine
of course it was
so nothing fit.
So I found some stuff that was on the sink and managed to keep the two hoses together long enough to finish two loads of laundry.
Now hopefully the high powered stuff that hubby brings home does its thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment